Thursday, November 29, 2007

I think I'm in love!




This is Tori Hunter - new outfielder for the Angels. And I realize that many of you do not follow baseball, but I just have to tell you how excited I am about this guy! This dialogue won me over:

Hunter expressed his spontaneous sense of humor repeatedly during a press conference that included new teammates John Lackey and Garret Anderson. A reference to the club's notorious Rally Monkey brought resounding laughter.

Plopping a stuffed monkey on his shoulder, Hunter said, "This Rally Monkey has been a thorn in my side. The monkey's going to be my friend. We're going to be in malls together, walking the beach. Me and the Rally Monkey."

Hunter's Twins reached the American League Championship Series in 2002, only to be knocked out by the eventual World Series champions from Anaheim.

"I want the ring," Hunter said. "I've been so close. We went to the ALCS, and the Angels, the monkey and Adam Kennedy kicked us out of there. They're trying to win the right way. That's why I felt this was the best fit for me."


A man who can embrace his inner rally monkey - who wouldn't love that?

No comments: