Friday, October 21, 2005

Houston... we have a Pennant!

OK, so I'll admit I stole that title from Sheri and SuZan. However, I had to laugh my ass off this morning coming into work on my commute. I heard that there has been a slight problem finding a hotel in Houston for the World Series next week. Apparently, the hotels are all booked up! Not because of the World Series coming to town (mind you...the FIRST ever in Texas) but because there are some 50,000+ people attending a “quilting convention”. Seriously Houston… where are your priorities? ;)

I will be rooting for the Astros by the way. I just hope the “Black Sox” didn’t pay off the umpires for the World Series as well!

Give em Hell ‘Stros!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm wondering if booking a hotel in Houston will ever go back to normal. Started with Katrina, then Rita, then the pennant race, now the World Series... don't get me wrong I'm Sooooooo excited about the Astros getting to the World Seris. It's just my boss doesn't seem to watch the news and keeps having me try to book hotel rooms for incoming clients at the last minute... :) Go Astros!!!!