Monday, October 2, 2006

It's Over!

It’s over! Baseball season is over – at least for my Angels. What, you didn’t think I noticed they didn’t make the playoffs? Did you think I wasn’t really paying attention? Well, you’re half right. The truth is… I gave up on the Angels making the playoffs in early September. The spark wasn’t there… the magic was gone. And I was bad fan and could not muster the energy to churn another “Angels Love Fest” to cheer them onto the playoffs. The team is young… and old. Some players are retiring this year, some will be leaving. This is just not their year. And I’m OK with that.

This time of year is always so melancholy for me. October is my favorite month, the weather here is absolutely perfect, and the kids are getting excited for Halloween. At least Jack is getting excited. He actually asked me this morning how many days left until Halloween, just like he asked me yesterday morning! It’s going to be a long month, and possibly a quick one too. Yes, I realize that makes no sense.

My only consolation in the Angels not making the playoffs is that at least the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox didn’t make the playoffs either. I’ll bet their fans are seriously depressed today. And now of course, I have a decision… who do I cheer for? Yes, the Dodgers (or what I like to call the “other” team in LA) made the playoffs. I should root for them. But if I were a true fan, I’d cheer for the As because they represent the division my team is in. But I can’t do that either. I like the Tigers, but I fear that loss yesterday in extra innings may have stolen the spark they need to make it all the way… so rooting for Detroit might be a waste. And God Forbid I even think about cheering for the Yankees… ugh! I think I might get behind St. Louis. A lot of former Angels play there now. They have come so close in previous years… it would be nice to see them get it done for once. I just don’t know yet…. we’ll have to see once the games start tomorrow. I’ll watch of course. I still love baseball… and who doesn’t love watching those last “stolen” days of summer being played out for the ultimate prize.

My prediction? Dodgers will win the World Series this year. Why, you ask? Because Jack thinks I painted his room Dodger Blue! Of course – makes sense, doesn’t it?p.s. – my camera is in the shop. I’m going through withdrawals.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I'd go with St. Louis :)

RYC: thanks for the comments on my new 'doo. Starting to think maybe the old 'doo was pretty awful, but whatever. LOL. Just kidding

Still planning on Jan if you are still up for it!

Timestep said...

What - no Twins?

Sorry about the flu. Would tamiflu have helped?

Hey, are you even visiting me anymore? I've not seen CA on my counter lately!

Timestep said...

What - no Twins?

Sorry about the flu. Would tamiflu have helped?

Hey, are you even visiting me anymore? I've not seen CA on my counter lately!